As a nonprofit, The Michigan Theater Foundation exists for the benefit of the community, but we run largely thanks to the support of our volunteers.
Volunteers are essential to the day-to-day operations of the Michigan Theater Foundation. The enthusiasm, hard work, and dedication of our engaged team of community members help us maintain our position as one of the nation’s best-preserved historic movie palaces and one of the state’s premiere organizations dedicated to the exhibition of quality cinema from around the globe.
As a Michigan Theater Foundation volunteer, you may lend your talents in almost any way you would like, but most commonly you might help with the following:
- Ushering and/or ticket scanning at a live event presented by LiveNation, the Ark, the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra, and more
- Working our Guest Services Desk, helping members claim their benefits before and after films
- Volunteering at the ever-growing and successful Cinetopia Film Festival in Ann Arbor and in and around Metro and downtown Detroit
- Assisting in the success of special events in and around the community, like Taste of Ann Arbor or the Ann Arbor Film Festival
- Helping our membership team stay in touch with our members and the community
- Contributing to events and projects that make the Michigan Theater Foundation unique, like packing goody bags for holiday kids’ shows
To learn more and to sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at (734) 668-8397 ext 39.