VolunteeringAs a nonprofit, The Michigan Theater Foundation exists for the benefit of the community, but we run largely thanks to the support of volunteers.
Our engaged team of community members help keep the Michigan Theater a shining example of the best the arts can offer and maintains the Michigan Theater’s position as one of the nation’s best-preserved historic movie palaces and one of the state’s premiere organizations dedicated to the exhibition of quality cinema from around the globe.
As a Michigan Theater volunteer, you may lend your talents in almost any way you would like, but most commonly you might help by doing one of the following:
- Volunteering at our live events presented by LiveNation, the Ark, the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra, and more
- Working our Guest Services Desk, helping members claim their benefits before and after films
- Volunteer at the ever-growing and successful Cinetopia Film Festival in Ann Arbor, Royal Oak, and Detroit
- Assisting in the success of special events in and around the community, like Taste of Ann Arbor, Cinema Circus, or the Ann Arbor Film Festival
- Helping our membership team stay in touch with our members and the community
- Contributing to events and projects that make the Michigan Theater unique, like goody bags for holiday kids’ shows
If you would like to volunteer at the Michigan Theater, simply contact the Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or dial (734) 668-8397, extension 39.